Our very own, Ronda Noel has graced us with
Our very own, Ronda Noel (Finance Department), has graced us with an original recipe for all to enjoy!
Recipe and instructions below:
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cube not-chick’n bouillon
- 1 pinch turmeric (for color)
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp. gluten free flour
- 1 cup cashew or nut milk
- 4 tbsp. vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked macaroni noodles
- 1 cup of sautéed mushrooms
- franks hot sauce
- no salt creole seasoning
- Prepare noodles according to instructions on bag in boiling water (set aside)
- Sautee garlic cloves, and onion, in 2 tbsp. vegan butter and Not-Chick’n cube
- Add nutritional yeast, mustard, turmeric, and flour (stirring continually)
- Add 1/2 cup cashew/ or nut milk – whisking until smooth.
- Cook sauce for 10 minutes on low
- Add in ½ can of pumpkin puree and remaining vegan butter
- Add vegetable broth slowly cook 3 minutes
- Slowly add in broth 1/4 cup at a time. Simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally. You may choose to only use half of the vegetable broth depending on the consistency you prefer.
- Remove sauce from heat and pour over cooked and drained macaroni noodles
- Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- If you are using hot sauce, tomato, or garlic powder you can add that in at this point. Sprinkle with paprika and enjoy!